Kerala Intercaste marriage scheme – How to file, Eligibility & Appli
Published on October 28, 2019
In this guide, we will explain everything about Kerala Intercaste Marriage scheme, how to file for intercaste marriage, its eligibility, application and much more.
Intercaste Marriage Scheme
The Social Justice Department of Government of Kerala has introduced Intercaste Marriage Scheme to encourage equality amongst everyone.
Under this scheme, the Kerala Government will provide financial assistance to intercaste married couples. Note that this scheme is not applicable for couples who are reserved under the scheduled caste or scheduled tribe.
If you want to avail of the benefits, you need to submit a marriage certificate. Here is the procedure on how you can obtain the benefits of intercaste marriage scheme.
What are the benefits of Kerala Intercaste Marriage Scheme?
The primary benefit of Kerala intercaste marriage scheme is that it delivers financial support to intercaste married couples. It is also a good move to encourage equality and tolerance amongst people of all community.
The combined family income of the married couple should be less than Rs.50000.
If the couple is legally married, they can apply for this scheme.
The couple can also apply for this scheme after 1 year of marriage.
If the couple is applying for the intercaste scheme after 3 years of marriage, their application will not be considered.
Register Marriage at Sub-Register Office
Firstly, the intercaste married couple needs to get a marriage registration certificate from Sub Register Office where the marriage was conducted. The registration certificate will be issued to you within two weeks from the date of registration.
What are the documents required to obtain Kerala intercaste marriage certificate?
You need to submit the following document to obtain an intercaste marriage certificate in Kerala.
Income certificate of both husband and wife
Caste certificate of couples
Marriage registration certificate (Certificate issued by Sub-Registrar’s Office)
Identity Proof such as Aadhar card or voter ID
Kerala intercaste marriage certificate will be issued to you 7 days from the date of application
What is the Intercaste Marriage Certification Application Fee?
If you are applying for an intercaste marriage certificate via Akshaya Centres in Kerala, you need to pay Rs.28 which includes all service charges.
Intercaste marriage certificate online application fee is Rs.15.
If you are applying through Akshaya Centres, follow these steps.
1. Visit your nearest Akshaya Centre.
2. Apply for an intercaste marriage certificate with the assistance of Akshaya centre service executive.
3. Pay the fee for application and service charges.
4. Once submitted, get a receipt from the executive. This is for future reference.
5. You will get an SMS about the progress of your intercaste marriage certificate application.
6. Once the application is received by the department, you will get an SMS as ‘certificate approved’. Once the form is approved, you can download your digitally signed inter-caste marriage certificate online.
If you are applying for Inter-caste Marriage Certificate Online, follow these steps.
1. Visit Kerala e-District web portal main page.
2. Log in to the portal using e-portal user name and password
3. If you are a new user, click on Portal user registration link in the main page.
4. The page will navigate to next page where you need to enter all the details for registration.
5. After completing the registration, click on one-time registration button.
6. Select “duplicate verification”. This is to verify if you have already registered through any Akshaya Centers.
7. After successful verification, click on submit button.
Enter Certificate Details
8. Punch in your e-District register Number and Select the “Certificate type” and its purpose.
9. Enter the name and all other necessary details. Click on Save button to save all the entered details.
10. In this section, you must upload all the required documents as mentioned above.
Note: You can attach only PDF file and the maximum allowable file size is 100 KB.
11. After uploading all the documents, make payment for processing inter-caste marriage certificate. You can make the payment by using any of the following.
Payment through Debit card or Credit card
Payment through Net banking
Cash card prepaid
12. Once you have successfully paid the fee, the page will redirect to next page. Take a print out of the inter-caste certificate receipt and application.
Download Inter-caste Marriage Certificate
13. Make sure to frequently check your application status by logging into the portal. Once you receive a certificate approved SMS, you can immediately download the certificate from the e-District web portal.
Financial Assistance for Kerala Intercaste Marriage
The Government will provide one-time financial assistance of Rs.30000 to all the eligible intercaste married couples in Kerala. While receiving the amount, the couples will be asked to sign an agreement and submit it to LSGI. You can use the financial assistance for the following purposes.
To start a business
For purchasing land
NOTE: LSGI has the authority to verify if the funds are used for any of the above-mentioned purposes.
What are the Documents Required?
Following are the supporting documents that need to be furnished while availing of Kerala intercaste marriage scheme.
Income Certificate of the couples – Original documents need to be submitted
Intercaste marriage registration certificate (i.e. Marriage certificate) (Certificate issued by Sub Registrar’s office, Panchayat President, a certificate issued from NSS or SND can also be submitted.)
Caste certificate of both wife & husband
A Certificate that proves that the intercaste married couple has been together for the past 1 year. You can obtain it from a Gazetted Officer, MLA, and MP of the concerned locality.
Submit Identity proof such as Voter ID card and Aadhaar card Copy.
How to apply for Intercaste Marriage Scheme?
You need to fill out an application form and submit the form along with all required documents to concerned District Social Justice Officers.